Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Ponies.....

Super Saver is The Barrel's Derby favorite.....

I admit that I love the horses. I know just enough to be dangerous & cost myself money. More proof of my degenerate ways. Thus I feel compelled to offer my picks for the 136th running of the Kentucky Derby:
  1. Super Saver (#4, current odds 15-1): the Cajun, Calvin Borel aboard. Borel will guide him around the rail. Love this horse!
  2. Mission Impazible (#14, current odds 20-1): has run the track. Will lay back & hope to finish strong.
  3. Jackson Bend (#13, current odds 15-1): Steady horse ridden by Mike Smith. Has good speed for a late run.
Throw those together in a trifecta & see what happens. I'm also playing Super Saver straight up to win. As far as long shots go I'm playing Backtalk (#18) at 50-1. I also like Ice Box (#2) at the end of an exotic. Take the first three & add Backtalk or Ice Box for a nice Superfecta. I'm also interested in Paddy O' Prado (#10/20-1) & Conveyance (#12/12-1) & might take a flyer on those horses or play them in an exacta or trifecta. Enjoy the mud & drink bourbon......
-Hash

2 comments:

  1. I did indeed, sir. I placed several winners but made out big as I had Super Saver to win & a huge exacta on Super Saver & Ice Box. A very rewarding day.....VERY rewarding....
    -Hash

    ReplyDelete